From a so called Christian by birth to blood-bought child of Jesus Christ


Greetings to all in the name of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. I want to share my journey from being a so called Christian by birth to becoming a blood-bought child of the Lord Jesus Christ. My name is P Shara, and I am from Hyderabad. Before I begin what the Lord had done in my life I would like to tell about my parents. I am thankful to the Lord for blessing me with a Christian family, and I grew up in a godly environment. My father is working in IAF so we had the privilege of staying in different parts of the country. My parents were part of ministry in North India where they used to catch up with believers and spread the gospel, My father told me that early morning they used to go on cycles and distribute gospels tracts even though they did not have a church to gather for worship in the defence quarters itself they gathered and Lord's table was established inside defence quarters with just 3 families.

My mother and father had to wait for almost 7 years for me. My mother faced a lot of criticism, one can understand her state. She fasted and prayed to an extent like Hannah saying Lord give me a Child and I will offer her to serve you. Yes God did listen to her and I was born. I was born after many prayers believers in the south and north Indian churches were praying for me. I feel so happy when aunty & uncle says we prayed a lot back then by God's grace you were born.

As a child, I was a good student but very shy and timid. I attended Sunday school but did not really understand anything about God until my father took us to Hebron Fellowship Church in Nagpur, where I was impressed by the action songs and artwork in the sunday school. However, what caught my attention the most was a picture inside the church depicting the Second Coming of Lord Jesus Christ. It showed God on the clouds with a few people going towards him and people on the road and cars crashing full of chaos. It scared me looked mysterious to me, but as I said I was very shy to ask any questions or discuss but continuosly this picture used to flash at nights. 

In 2010 We later moved to the Air Force Academy Dundigal in Hyderabad, where we attended the New Jerusalem Prayer House church where my foundation in Christ started building up. I knew that Lord Jesus is the only true God and this truth was instilled in me. I attended VBS in Bethel prayer house Shahpur nagar and was considered godly by others but in my secret life, I was committing sins" A big Hypocrite". I also attended Hebron Youth Camps many times. I listened to sermons and made decisions, asked God to forgive my sins, but I had no assurance that I am a sinner and my sins are forgiven. I read the Bible but could not understand it. Despite my outward appearance of godliness, I struggled with evil thoughts and was a hypocrite. I used to watch movies, serials, involve in bad talks, youthful lust,telling lies, ungodly friendship.

In my 9th class One day, during a special meeting about the second coming, a preacher showed a picture similar to what I saw in my childhood. This made me think, and in 8th grade, out of fear I admitted all my sins, even the smallest ones. However, I was afraid to take the decision card and did not tell anyone for a few days. I started living a new life but soon went back to sinning. Despite being inspired by the Holy Spirit to turn my ways to God, I hardened my heart and did not experience the love of Christ. I was half Christian and half worldly, but I enjoyed working in the house of God, spending time in church, and attending meetings. I used to think that I am born again but I wasnt.

 I completed my intermediate and Btech , got a job during this time I heard many impactful sermons, admitted my sins many times before God but I never felt assured of my salvation.

However, during the lockdown, I was scared by the news coming from all over the world on TV, mobiles and situations outside were terrifying that same picture used to come into my mind, and thoughts of the second coming. I had a lot of time so I used to spend most of the time reading the scriptures because I knew that if I die of Corona I won’t be able to enter heaven.After I die I wont be with God because deep down in my heart Sin was there and no true repentance and transformatio. I developed a personal relationship with God. I missed going to church, cleaning vessels, and sweeping, attending youth meetings. I felt empty inside and would cry while watching live streams of worship on youtube. Though I was hearing and noting down every verse spoken by God's servants nothing was convincing to me I still think about how foolish and rigid I was. That I was keeping conditions before God.

There is a preacher who in most of his sermons he relates with geopolitics and history with Bible it drew my attention. There was a desire in me to be born again but despite asking God every day to forgive me I had no assurance. Everybody says once you are born again you would have the greatest joy but I never felt it. The gospel was not new to me it became a routine thing for me. I would pray to God Lord I know you died for me I even accept the gospel but it is not effecting me my heart is so stubborn I am so stiffnecked.

One Sunday, 27th June, 2021 God spoke to me through a worship message and table message, saying, "I have chosen you; I have called you by name, O Jacob." (Isaiah 44:1,2) God’s servant uncle said that God chose you before the foundations of the world with love and that he was born in a manger a filthy place he humbled himself to this extent. I used to wonder why God having all authority on the universe why he had to be born in a manger.On that day I got an answer that manager resembles our heart. I was so convinced by this truth. After the worship ended I started scrolling through YouTube, I came across a uncle's testimony. God spoke to him with the same verse at 3 different places, times, and persons and I wondered why God had such concern for a small human being on this earth, why so much concern for a man why does he have to look for a man with a plan to bring him towards him. God spoke to me from I Timothy 1: 11 the same verse through which God spoke to uncle.

I am a Blasphemer, Persecutor, and injurious. If we look at the meaning in the Hebrew language

yes, I was Blasphemer looking at my state and troubles I used to say what God is he? why is he not helping me ? I am believing in him from my childhood I abused God so much. I was injurious because I was hurting myself as well as the people around me I made them suffer because of my nature, I was a persecutor who persecuted my own soul to turn away from God’s way I defiled my body I kept it in the hand of enemy willingly with all my senses I did commit sins which young people do I had battles with evil thoughts, told lies, watching disgusting things over the internet, unparliamentarily talks, watched movies which made me think of lust. I committed so many sins which I can’t even speak of. Even though I was into darkness God's words were so comforting to me. I did not fully accept Jesus as my personal saviour. But that day automatically tears started rolling down my eyes. My heart was so heavy I just closed the door, knelt down and wept like anything. 

 I was deeply touched by that verse, and confessing all my sins before God, even the small ones that I had forgotten also came to my mind. For instance, in fourth grade, I took 4 crayons from a friend without his permission the intention was to make my sketch better as I did not had those shades, stole it for one day then return them the next day. Even that small sin, I confessed. When I got up, I felt a tremendous weight being lifted from my shoulders, and I was filled with joy unspeakable and full of glory.

After that, I asked God I have full assurance now that I am saved and my sins are forgiven but Lord please speak to me through your word. Then on the same day in our family prayer, God spoke to me with Luke 19:9,30,31.

Today is the day of Salvation. I got great joy tears rolled away while I was reading that it was my turn to read that verse. As that colt was tied even I was tied but God sent his only begotten son to untie me and free me from my bondage of sin. To the world It was useless animal carrying weights but God says tell them "Lord hath need of him.(colt)". I really heard a voice repeatedly saying " I need u too" By this, I understood our God has a plan for all of us individual and unique plans in whatever condition we might be but he will never leave us. My mother explained this portion to us it touched my heart.

My promise for the year 2021 was 2 Corinthians 1:20 In that chapter Paul says despite tribulation we are comforted by God and all the promises are ours. I would say I never took promises of God seriously I used to read the entire chapter and that was it. But in that year I took every promise very seriously and claimed them with faith. If go forward and we read the 21 and 23 verses , Paul says God has established us with you in Christ and sealed us, anointed us, sealed us and given his earnest of the spirit. This was fulfilled in that year the Lord saved me, established me and sealed me gave me indwelling holyspirit in my heart. 

After I was born again I took a decision to witness in the waters of baptism and after counselling, I was baptized on Nov 7, 2021. My Baptism promise is Deuteronomy 28:12

Lord has been always leading me whenever I tend to backslide He instructs me with his holy spirit now. I am so thankful to God that he has done so many wondrous works and miracles in my life. I am able to taste his love every day and experience his presence around me 24X7.

 If you also want to become a blood-bought Child of the Lord Jesus Christ, we don’t have to do anything challenging or go anywhere just kneel down but repent and say “Father I am a sinner Please forgive my sins with your precious blood shed for me on that Calvary cross. I accept you as my personal savior. Please come into my heart. Thank you Lord I ask this small prayer in the name of my Lord my Saviour Jesus Christ Amen”. Put every sin before him wholeheartedly be honest and He will forgive you. Right from that moment he will pour out his mercy upon you and you would be able to experience the greatest and unspeakable joy and everlasting peace even in distress he will make you rejoice which I have experienced in my journey with Christ.

May the Lord be glorified 

All glory to HIM alone

Thank you

SHARA P

Comments